This week saw the 7th meet up of the club and an exciting new venue in Hammersmith. Winter is very much starting to take hold and everyone was in need of some warming up. With that in mind the theme gravitated towards warming sherried drams. As usual the selection didn’t disappoint and we were treated to some fabulous whiskies. Our venue at the Melody Whisky Bar was very accommodating and made us all feel very welcome. Thanks go to all the bar staff.
This week saw two new faces join us with Zander and Caroline attending. It was a pleasure to meet both of them and by the end of the night it felt like we had known them a lot longer than one evening, although I guess that’s the beauty of whisky. Alongside our two newcomers were myself, Jez, Shiv and Conor.
The dram list was as follows:
- Clynelish 1996 21 years old Signatory Vintage for TWE 52%
- Old Perth 21 years old 1996 55.4%
- Deanston 2006 11 years old Signatory Vintage 64.7%
- Orkney (HP) 2002 14 years old Berry Bros 56.8%
- Hazelburn Aged 13 Years Oloroso Cask Matured 47.4%
- Springbank Aged 13 Years Single Cask 56.1%
- Glen Scotia Aged 17 Years Cadenhead’s bottling 56.4%
- Longrow Aged 14 Years Sherry Cask Matured 57.8%
- Bowmore 20 Years Old Adelphi bottling 56.3%
In addition we got to try:
- Bunnahabhain Moine Oloroso Matured Feis Ile 2018 59.5%
- Kilkerran Aged 11 Years Sherry Cask Cadenhead’s 58.1%
- Bowmore Aged 19 Years Feis Ile 2017 54.3%
Next month looks to be exciting with a blind tasting on the cards. More information will follow and as always, if you want to come along please get in touch through the contact form.